Madras For Springtime

My Spring wish-list is short this year (the wardrobe is creaking already) but foremost amongst my few wishes is a Madras Sportscoat, patchwork or otherwise. Here in Scotland, where the summer is short and many people dress in a drab manner (I once heard a student ask an assistant haberdasher if they did a shirt in dun) the bright cheery pattern might just be too much...it will need careful wearing.

Idealy, I should end up looking like this

Or this

Or this

And not like this Although the latter is more likely as I'm closer in beauty and age to these guys than the others. This last post is from WASP101's excellent blog and was entitled Madras Nightmare. Actually now I look at it I quite like the grey haired chap's madras and embroidered chinos look...Help!


0 comments: